Skip To: Main content|Subnavigation|
Minnesota Department of Human Services Combined Manual
DHS Home CountyLink Home Manuals Home Bulletins
Advanced Search
Show/Hide Table of Contents  


ISSUE DATE: 04/2004

For eligibility purposes, see 0011.03.24 (Non-Citizens - Lawfully Residing People).

The following documents indicate an immigrant is a Lawful Temporary Resident (LTR):

An unexpired Temporary Resident Card - form I-688.

An unexpired Employment Authorization Card - form I-688A. This card is issued to people applying for temporary resident status.

Receipt for application for temporary resident status - form I-689.

Correspondence from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) documenting that the person is an LTR. USCIS documentation does not necessarily use the term "Lawful Temporary Resident" (LTR).


A non-citizen entering as a Special Agricultural Worker under section 210 is an LTR. The class code will be S16 or S26.


A non-citizen entering under the legalization program under section 245(a) is an LTR.

Rate/Report this pageReport/Rate this page

© 2018 Minnesota Department of Human Services Updated: 12/1/14 12:01 AM | Accessibility | Terms/Policy | Contact DHS | Top of Page | Updated: 12/1/14 12:01 AM