Skip To: Main content|Subnavigation|
Minnesota Department of Human Services Combined Manual
DHS Home CountyLink Home Manuals Home Bulletins
Advanced Search
Show/Hide Table of Contents  


ISSUE DATE: 09/2016

Deduct part of a caregiver's income to cover the unmet needs of an ineligible spouse and/or an ineligible child under the age of 21 who lives with the caregiver. Allow this deduction only if the caregiver lives with and is financially responsible for the person.

Income of a minor child cannot be allocated.

Do not allow allocation for the support of people who:

Choose not to be members of the unit. See 0014 (Assistance Units).

Are disqualified.

The maximum allocation is the difference between the unit's Transitional Standard, and the Transitional Standard the unit would have if the spouse and/or child were in the unit. See 0020.09 (MFIP/DWP Assistance Standards).

The actual allocation is the maximum allocation minus the ineligible spouse's and/or child's net income. See 0016.18 (Income of Inel. Parent/Guard. of Minor Crgvr).


No provisions.


For non-SSI recipients in a long term care (LTC) facility for which MA pays the cost of care, follow the MA LTC provisions in the Minnesota Health Care Programs Eligibility Policy Manual.

For all other clients, no allocations are permitted.


For clients who receive services under the Elderly Waiver (EW) program, deduct the spousal allocation that is determined by the EW program if the allocation is actually paid to the spouse.

For all other clients, there are no provisions.

Rate/Report this pageReport/Rate this page

© 2018 Minnesota Department of Human Services Updated: 9/1/16 9:23 AM | Accessibility | Terms/Policy | Contact DHS | Top of Page | Updated: 9/1/16 9:23 AM