Skip To: Main content|Subnavigation|
Minnesota Department of Human Services Combined Manual
DHS Home CountyLink Home Manuals Home Bulletins
Advanced Search
Show/Hide Table of Contents  


ISSUE DATE: 02/2001

Some overpayments are exempt from recovery. See 0025.12.03 (Overpayments Exempt From Recovery). For overpayments that are not exempt from recovery, follow the provisions below.

Before pursuing recovery, you may use the Notice of Overpayment to notify non-participants of the unpaid balance of the overpayment. See Temp Manual TE02.09.11 (Demand Letters for Overpayments).

The procedures for pursuing recovery are the same whether the county agency designates the IV-D section, the IV-A section, or the county attorney to pursue recovery. See 0025.21 (Recovery Methods).

Do not recover more than the overpayment or responsible relative's reimbursement amount. If the county agency recovers more than the overpayment amount, issue a refund.

See 0025.12.12 (Action on Overpayment - Time Limits) for the time frame for beginning recovery.

Refer all overpaid non-participants to the collections officer, central collection unit, or other party designated to negotiate a repayment plan with the client.

Rate/Report this pageReport/Rate this page

© 2018 Minnesota Department of Human Services Updated: 12/1/14 12:01 AM | Accessibility | Terms/Policy | Contact DHS | Top of Page | Updated: 12/1/14 12:01 AM