Skip To: Main content|Subnavigation|
Minnesota Department of Human Services Combined Manual
DHS Home CountyLink Home Manuals Home Bulletins
Advanced Search
Show/Hide Table of Contents  


ISSUE DATE: 09/2016

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) provides services to people who have served in the U.S. armed forces. USDVA also provides some benefits to dependents of veterans. Benefits provided by USDVA include hospital treatment and pensions for service related disabilities.

Some applicants for and participants of assistance must apply for USDVA benefits. See 0012.12 (Applying for Other Benefits).

Refer people who might be eligible for veteran's benefits to:

United States Department of Veterans Affairs

Regional Office and Insurance Center
1 Federal Drive
Fort Snelling
St. Paul, Minnesota 55111-9986

The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs provides cash and medical assistance for temporarily disabled veterans and their dependents. It also provides educational assistance for veterans, dependents of POW/MIAs, and war orphans.

The cash assistance program serves as interim assistance pending the approval of another program's benefits or as short-term assistance up to a maximum of 6 months.

To apply, people must contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 651-296-2562 or the county veterans service officer at the county courthouse in their county of residence.

Also see the Minnesota Health Care Programs Eligibility Policy Manual for related medical information.

Rate/Report this pageReport/Rate this page

© 2018 Minnesota Department of Human Services Updated: 9/1/16 9:31 AM | Accessibility | Terms/Policy | Contact DHS | Top of Page | Updated: 9/1/16 9:31 AM