• Pass the post-test with a score of at least 80 percent.
Providers will learn to use defined customized employment tools and techniques to help people with disabilities gain competitive employment positions. They must:
• Develop an individualized approach to employment planning and job development
• Utilize a “one person at a time – one employer at a time” approach
• Provide strategies to individualize and match the strengths, conditions and interests of a candidate to the needs of an employer
• Learn to personalize the employment relationship between a candidate and an employer in a way that meets the needs of both.
The target audience for this training is supported employment service staff that has access to multiple funding streams for employment planning and employment support services. If you fit that category and want to proceed, make sure you:
• Hold a current license for supported employment services in 245D
• Are a community rehabilitation provider or limited-use vendor with Vocational Rehabilitation Services
• Are willing to become an employment network in Ticket to Work.
Process for being accepted for training
DHS bases acceptance to training on multiple factors, including the diversity of the service delivery areas needed for supported employment services in MHM.