Skip To: Main content|Subnavigation|
Minnesota Department of Human Services MA Estate Recovery Manual
DHS Home CountyLink Home Manuals Home Bulletins
Advanced Search
Show/Hide Table of Contents  

Recovering MA funds in probate

Local agencies often recover MA claim amounts in probate. Because probate can be a complicated process, this section aims to guide you through the basic steps of filing an MA claim in probate and recovering an MA claim amount. The section includes procedures for when someone else is administering probate and for when you, the local agency, initiate probate under your standing as a creditor. The procedures address formal probate, informal probate, and specialized probate processes like special administration and determination of descent.

  • How to recover on an MA claim when someone else is probating the estate
  • How to initiate and administer probate to recover on an MA claim
  • How the probate process works
  • Special administration
  • Determination of descent
  • Rate/Report this pageReport/Rate this page

    © 2018 Minnesota Department of Human Services Updated: 3/9/17 3:19 PM | Accessibility | Terms/Policy | Contact DHS | Top of Page | Updated: 3/9/17 3:19 PM