Skip To: Main content|Subnavigation|
Minnesota Department of Human Services MA Estate Recovery Manual
DHS Home CountyLink Home Manuals Home Bulletins
Advanced Search
Show/Hide Table of Contents  

II. Annuities

An MA member who receives long-term-care services must designate DHS as a preferred remainder beneficiary of any annuity that the member (or the member’s spouse) has an interest in. See Annuity Beneficiary Designation Form (DHS-5036) (PDF) and (5036A).

When payments become due under such an annuity, the annuity issuer must ask DHS to provide a written statement of the total amount MA paid for the institutionalized person.

If the issuer asks you for the information, provide the issuer with the address and telephone number of the DHS Special Recovery Unit (SRU):

PO Box 64995
St. Paul, MN 55164-0995
Phone: 651-431-3204
Fax: 651-431-7431

Rate/Report this pageReport/Rate this page

© 2019 Minnesota Department of Human Services Updated: 3/16/17 8:38 AM | Accessibility | Terms/Policy | Contact DHS | Top of Page | Updated: 3/16/17 8:38 AM