Skip To: Main content|Subnavigation|
Minnesota Department of Human Services MA Estate Recovery Manual
DHS Home CountyLink Home Manuals Home Bulletins
Advanced Search
Show/Hide Table of Contents  

Other ways to recover on an MA claim

In certain circumstances, Minnesota law allows you to recover on an MA claim outside of probate. One way to do that is to recover using an affidavit of collection, which allows you to collect against estate assets (except real property) when an estate consists of personal property with a net value of $75,000 or less. Another way is to assert an MA claim on a certificate of clearance for a transfer-on-death deed (TODD), which is a deed that transfers real property without requiring probate. This section gives procedures for these two methods.

  • Affidavit of collection
  • TODDs
  • Rate/Report this pageReport/Rate this page

    © 2019 Minnesota Department of Human Services Updated: 3/9/17 3:23 PM | Accessibility | Terms/Policy | Contact DHS | Top of Page | Updated: 3/9/17 3:23 PM