|Community-Based Services Manual|
|DSD Elist 30-day public comment on proposed federal waiver plan amendments||Community Resources|
DSD E-List Announcement
Date: Aug. 13, 2013
To: All interested parties
From: BI, CAC, CADI and DD Waiver policy staff
Subject: 30-day public comment on proposed federal waiver plan amendments
Comment Period Begins: Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013
Comment Period Ends: 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013
Purpose of E-mail: Publish proposed changes to the Brain Injury, Community Alternative Care, Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals and Developmental Disabilities waiver plans
Submit Comments to: DSD.PublicComments@state.mn.us
DHS plans to submit the federal waiver plan amendments for the Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC), Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals (CADI) and Developmental Disabilities (DD) waivers after a 30-day public comment period. These amendments support the areas outlined below.
Waiver service definitions and aligning standards
1. Makes changes based on the new licensed provider requirements of 2013 Minnesota Session Laws, chapter 108, article 8, sections 22 to 48 (chapter 245D). Minnesota 245D licensing requirements impact the following:
2. Clarifies environmental accessibility adaptation service and standards.
Centralized waiver provider review and oversight
• Amends language to reflect elimination of county/tribe contract-based waiver service system
1. For the most up to date information regarding waiver provider standards implementation, please review the Waiver Provider Standards.
2. For the most up to date information regarding 245D licensure, please review the 245D licensing information.
Waiver rate system (this language does not impact the Elderly Waiver)
Note: For the most up to date information regarding rate system implementation, please review the Waiver Rate System.
Home and community based setting (this language does not impact EW)
View the draft of the federal waiver plan amendment or call 651-431-2400 or 1-800-747-5484 and request a paper copy of the Federal Waiver Plan Amendments.
Please submit comments to DSD.PublicComments@state.mn.us no later than 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013.