Child Protection and Child Welfare

How do I report child abuse or neglect?

Call the county or tribal social service agency, or the police, where the child lives if you believe that a child is being hurt or neglected.

Some people, whose jobs involve caring for children, such as doctors, teachers and ministers, are required by law to report suspected child abuse or neglect. Other people, such as neighbors or relatives, are encouraged to report if they think a child is being abused or neglected.

For more details about mandated reporting, read the Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect: A Resource Guide for Mandated Reporters (PDF). This can be printed and distributed as needed.

Rate/Report this page   Report/Rate this page

Related Pages

Related Links