Adult Supports

The Minnesota Department of Human Services oversees economic assistance programs that provide a safety net for the elderly and people with disabilities.

The General Assistance (GA) program provides cash assistance for single, unemployed adults with out children, including people who are elderly, ill, injured or otherwise incapacitated.

Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA) is a state-funded supplement for people who receive SSI.

Directory of agencies with expertise in Supplemental Security Income process available

Applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can be difficult, especially for people with disabilities. This directory (PDF) contains contact information for agencies with experience advocating for disabled applicants. Some SSI applicants may benefit from having a qualified advocate. In addition to helping people start the SSI application process, many of these agencies also help people appeal decisions when their applications have been denied. Some can also help people who are applying for RSDI (Retirement, Survivors, Disability Insurance).

Rate/Report this page Report/Rate this page