People who use the Lafayette Bridge in St. Paul to reach DHS’ nearby offices are encouraged to sign up for email updates on construction progress. The replacement of the Lafayette Bridge over the Mississippi River began in January 2011. Maps, project documents and other information are available on the Minnesota Department of Transportation website’s Lafayette Bridge and Highway 52 page.
This map of DHS Central Office locations also has visitor parking information for the Elmer L. Andersen Human Services Building, located at 540 Cedar St., St. Paul, and the 444 Lafayette building, 444 Lafayette Road N., St. Paul.
This map shows visitor parking locations for the DHS Training Center and 444 Lafayette.
The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Metro Regional Office and the Commission on Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans are located at 85 East Seventh Place, Suite 105, in the Golden Rule Building in downtown St. Paul. More information, including a map and parking information, is available on the Golden Rule Building website.
The Minnesota Department of Human Services Employee Directory and Guide to Agency Services also has visitor parking information.
Directions to the Elmer L. Andersen Human Services Building, 540 Cedar St., St. Paul, and more information about the walk-in payment center for MinnesotaCare is available online.
Limited parking for visitors and visitors with disabilities is available in the Andersen Ramp, attached to the Elmer L. Andersen Human Services Building, 540 Cedar St., St. Paul. Visitors can park in one of the spaces on the first level of the ramp for up to four hours and pay at a self-service machine located near the ramp elevators.
Andersen Ramp parkers enter and exit the ramp from Minnesota Street, which is a one-way street heading northbound. The ramp’s second lane is the entrance for visitor parking, visitor with disabilities parking and three larger parking spots for three DHS employees with disabilities who need the added space for side entry into their vehicles.
Visitors with a disability must display their disabled parking placard from the Minnesota Department of Public Safety when parking in disability parking spots. All visitors must register at the security desk in the Andersen Building lobby. Regular ramp hours are 4 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Information about other visitor parking in the Capitol Complex is available on the Department of Administration’s website.
Individuals who wish to speak with a member of the Licensing Division staff should call the general Licensing Division number, 651-431-6500. The receptionist will direct you to the appropriate person. Most questions can be answered over the telephone. Those individuals who need to meet with a member of the Licensing staff should call the general phone number and schedule an appointment. Materials can be dropped off at DHS’ 444 Lafayette Road location. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
• From Minneapolis and areas west of St. Paul: Take 94 east to the Seventh Street exit (you will see the exits in this order: Fifth, 10th, then Seventh). Take a left onto Seventh Street and go to the first stoplight (this is Lafayette Road). Turn left onto Lafayette. DHS’ 444 Lafayette Building is one-half block up and the first office building on the right.
• From Minneapolis International Airport or Bloomington: Take Highway 494 to 35E north to 94 east. Take the Seventh Street exit. Turn left onto Seventh Street, then left onto Lafayette Road. DHS is one-half block up and the first office building on the right.
• From areas east of St. Paul: Take 94 west to the Mounds exit. Take Mounds Avenue to East Seventh Street. Turn left onto Seventh Street (you’ll be heading west). At the second stoplight, which is Lafayette, turn right. DHS’ 444 Lafayette Building is one-half block up and the first office building on the right.
• From areas north of St. Paul: Take 694 east to 35E south. Take the University Avenue Exit (107C) and turn left on University. Take University to Lafayette Road and turn right. DHS’ 444 Lafayette Building is two blocks down on the left.
• From areas south of St. Paul: Take 35W (or 35E) north to 94 east to the Seventh Street exit. Take a left onto Seventh Street and go to the first stoplight (this is Lafayette Road). Turn left onto Lafayette. DHS is one-half block up and the first office building on the right.
• Take 35E north to 494 east to Highway 52 north. This turns into Lafayette Road when you cross the river and get to Seventh Street. Cross over Seventh Street and DHS’ 444 Lafayette Building is the first office building on the right.
• From Rochester: Take Highway 52 north to St. Paul. This turns into Lafayette Road when you cross the river and get to Seventh Street. Cross over Seventh Street and DHS’ 444 Lafayette Building is the first office building on the right.
More parking and transportation information for downtown St. Paul is available online:
Report/Rate this page