Public Input Process for the Olmstead Plan 2017 – 2018
Minnesota’s Olmstead Plan envisions people with disabilities living, learning, working, and enjoying life in the most integrated setting of their choice. As another year of the Plan’s implementation comes to a close, people with disabilities, their families, and the general public across Minnesota are invited to comment on the Plan and the suggested amendments from state agencies.
Round One (December 20, 2017 – January 31, 2018)
Round One of public input is now completed. Thank you to those of you who provided input. The Subcabinet agencies are reviewing the comments received to determine how the input can be incorporated into the Plan amendments. The proposed Plan amendments and a summary of comments received will be reviewed at the February Subcabinet meeting.
Round Two (February 27 – March 13, 2018)
Information and materials will be available in the coming weeks. Comment opportunities during Round Two will include:
• Commenting by phone and email
Access Materials from the Public Input Toolkit
The OIO aims to use materials found in the Public Input Toolkit to be transparent and inform people with disabilities, their families and the public about the Olmstead Plan so that they can provide meaningful feedback. Please take advantage of the following materials.
• For all information regarding public input, read the Public Input Process Guide.
• Recap what’s happened with the Olmstead Plan by reading the 2017 Highlights and Improvements Guide. For more information read the 2017 Annual Report on Olmstead Plan Implementation.
• Review the 39 measurable goals and their strategies from the February 2017 Revision of the Olmstead Plan to reference for general comments on the Plan.
• View the first draft of amendments proposed by the Subcabinet agencies.
• View the Amendments at a Glance including summaries of the draft amendments.
• Review the history and scope of the Minnesota Olmstead Plan and Subcabinet by reading Olmstead 101.
To find updates and more information:
• To request accommodations due to a disability: Please let us know the type of accommodation or modification you need and which event you plan to attend. For accessible formats or additional equal access to Olmstead Implementation Office publications, contact Mary Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 651-296-9844, or use your preferred relay service. (ADA1 [9-15])
• Visit our Facebook page: MN Olmstead Plan
• Stay connected and sign up for our Email list