Date: June 18, 2018; REVISED Sept. 25, 2018, to correct rate frameworks code for Employment Development Services
To: Lead agency staff and disability waiver service providers
From: DHS Disability Waiver Rate System policy staff
Purpose: To inform lead agencies and disability waiver service providers about updates to the Rate Management System within the MnCHOICES Support Plan.
DHS updated the Rate Management System (RMS) within the MnCHOICES Support Plan (MnSP) on June 15. The updates, listed below, affect rate calculations for disability waiver services with start dates beginning on or after July 1, 2018.
• New RMS rate calculations cannot have a service span that crosses over July 1, 2018
o If lead agencies need to enter a service span that crosses July 1, 2018, they will need to complete two rate calculations, one that ends June 30, 2018, and one that begins July 1, 2018.
• For existing rate calculations that cross over July 1, 2018:
o Please note, lead agency staff will be able to view existing rate calculations that were completed before the June update. However, if the CSSP/Rate Plan is in “open” status and the user presses the “get rate” button, the user will be forced to split the service line into two different service lines before he or she will be allowed to view the rate calculator screen. One service line will need to end June 30, 2018, and the other service line will need to begin July 1, 2018.
o If the CSSP/Rate Plan is in “closed” or “complete” status, the user will be able to press the “get rate” button and view the rate calculator screen without being forced to split the service line into two separate lines.
• If you would like more information on the removal of the after-model adjustments from the RMS frameworks, please see the May 31, 2018 eList.
• Rates for residential care, the discontinued waiver service, cannot be calculated on or after July 1, 2018.
• Lead agency staff will only be able to calculate rates for residential care under the disability waivers for service spans that end June 30, 2018 or earlier.
DHS added frameworks for the following new employment services in RMS:
• Employment Development Services (T2019 U3)
• Employment Exploration Services (T2019 U2)
• Employment Support Services, 1:1 Ratio (T2019 U9)
• Employment Support Services, Group Ratio (T2019 HQ)
If authorizing any of these employment services in MMIS, lead agency staff will need to calculate the rate in the appropriate framework in RMS within MnSP.
Mentors and users will need to complete a few steps to receive the MnSP 18.3 update. The MnCHOICES Help Desk sent an email to mentors today (June 18, 2018) with step-by-step instructions to do so. Mentors should forward that information to their users.
DSD LEAD AGENCY ARCHIVE | DSD STAKEHOLDER ARCHIVE
Report/Rate this page