Regional Housing Forums
Share your perspective on housing for people with disabilities.
The Olmstead Subcabinet is working with the Governor’s Task Force on Housing to gather public input on housing issues in Minnesota, including the issues people with disabilities face. You are invited to attend an upcoming regional housing forum in your area to provide feedback on housing needs and solutions for people with disabilities in our state. Many housing issues are shared across Minnesota, while others are unique to place and circumstance.
The Olmstead Implementation Office will gather public input from these regional housing forums and share it with Olmstead Subcabinet agencies. The Subcabinet agencies will use the input to inform possible improvements in people with disabilities' access to integrated housing of their choice.
Upcoming forums are planned for the cities and dates below:
• Duluth – Tuesday, April 24th
• Golden Valley – Thursday, April 26th
• Crookston – Thursday, May 3rd
• St Paul – Thursday, May 10th
• Sleepy Eye – Tuesday, May 15th
General Information Materials
The materials included below are intended to provide people with disabilities, their families and the general public, general information about the Olmstead Plan. The information includes an overview of the measurable goals and strategies included in the Plan as well as progress on those goals and strategies.
• Review the 39 measurable goals and their strategies from the February 2017 Revision of the Olmstead Plan.
• Recap what’s happened with the Olmstead Plan by reading the 2017 Highlights and Improvements Guide.
• For a more detailed report on progress read the 2017 Annual Report on Olmstead Plan Implementation.
• Review the history and scope of the Minnesota Olmstead Plan and the Olmstead Subcabinet by reading Olmstead 101.
To find updates and more information
• Visit our Facebook page: Minnesota’s Olmstead Plan
• Stay connected and sign up for our email list
To request accommodations due to a disability
• Call (651) 296-9844 or send an email to MNOlmsteadPlan@state.mn.us to:
o Request materials in a different format
o Request accommodations due to a disability [Let us know the type of accommodation or modification needed and event you plan to attend.]