My Olmstead Story: Share your story!
The Olmstead Implementation Office (OIO) is collecting stories from people with disabilities. We want to hear your stories of being able to choose where you live, work, or go to school, and also what being integrated in your community means to you. Tell us what successes you’ve experienced as a result of the Olmstead Plan and what barriers keep you from being able to live, learn, work, and enjoy life in the most integrated setting.
Please use this online form to share your Olmstead story. Your story may be shared with the public through our website, emails, social media, newsletters, or printed materials.
If you have questions regarding the online form, call 651-296-8081 or send an email to MNOlmsteadPlan@state.mn.us for assistance.
General Information Materials
The materials included below are intended to provide people with disabilities, their families and the general public, general information about the Olmstead Plan. The information includes an overview of the measurable goals and strategies included in the Plan as well as progress on those goals and strategies.
• Recap what’s happened with the Olmstead Plan by reading the 2017 Highlights and Improvements Guide.
• For a more detailed report on progress read the 2017 Annual Report on Olmstead Plan Implementation.
• Review the history and scope of the Minnesota Olmstead Plan and the Olmstead Subcabinet by reading Olmstead 101.
To find updates and more information
• Visit our Facebook page: Minnesota’s Olmstead Plan
• Stay connected and sign up for our email list
To request accommodations due to a disability
• Call (651) 296-9844 or send an email to MNOlmsteadPlan@state.mn.us to:
o Request materials in a different format
o Request accommodations due to a disability [Let us know the type of accommodation or modification needed and event you plan to attend.]