Public Input Process for the Olmstead Plan 2017 – 2018
Minnesota’s Olmstead Plan envisions people with disabilities living, learning, working, and enjoying life in the most integrated setting of their choice. As another year of the Plan’s implementation comes to a close, people with disabilities, their families, and the general public across Minnesota are invited to comment on the Plan and the suggested amendments from state agencies.
Overview of Comment Opportunities (December 20, 2017 – January 31, 2018)
The annual amendment process of Minnesota’s Olmstead Plan seeks public input from Greater Minnesota providing a variety of ways to comment.
• Attend a listening session. These will be in-person or by phone or videoconference.
• Use the online input form to provide comments on the first draft amendments and general comments about the Olmstead Plan.
• Provide comments by phone at 651-296-8177 or 651-296-9952
• Provide comments by email at MNOlmsteadPlan@state.mn.us
Access Materials from the Public Input Toolkit
The OIO aims to use materials found in the Public Input Toolkit to be transparent and inform people with disabilities, their families and the public about the Olmstead Plan so that they can provide meaningful feedback. Please take advantage of the following materials.
• For all information regarding public input, read the Public Input Process Guide.
• Recap what’s happened with the Olmstead Plan by reading the 2017 Highlights and Improvements Guide. For more information read the 2017 Annual Report on Olmstead Plan Implementation.
• Review the 39 measurable goals and their strategies from the February 2017 Revision of the Olmstead Plan to reference for general comments on the Plan.
• View the first draft of amendments proposed by the Subcabinet agencies.
• View the Amendments at a Glance including summaries of the draft amendments.
• Review the history and scope of the Minnesota Olmstead Plan and Subcabinet by reading Olmstead 101.
To find updates and more information:
• To request accommodations due to a disability: Please let us know the type of accommodation or modification you need and which event you plan to attend. For accessible formats or additional equal access to Olmstead Implementation Office publications, contact Mary Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 651-296-9844, or use your preferred relay service. (ADA1 [9-15])
• Visit our Facebook page: MN Olmstead Plan
• Stay connected and sign up for our Email list