If you determine the applicant family is eligible for child care assistance, send a notice approving the application. The agency must mail the notice of approval to the applicant within 30 calendar days after receiving the application. With the consent of the applicant, the agency may extend the response time by 15 days. Include the following information in the notice:
· The date eligibility begins.
· The number of hours of care authorized, the maximum rate that can be paid and how the payments will be made.
· The family’s copayment amount, how and when the copayment must be made.
· The family’s obligation to report the following changes within 10 calendar days from the date of the change:
- Earned income of $100 per month or greater.
- Unearned income of $50 per month or greater.
- A receipt of lump sum.
- Address or residence.
- Household composition.
- Family status.
- Employment status or hours.
- Authorized activity status.
- Citizenship or immigration status for any child receiving child care assistance.
- Rent subsidy or a new rent subsidy.
- A sale, purchase, or transfer of real property.
- A parentally responsible individual’s visitation schedule or custody arrangement for any child receiving child care assistance program benefits.
· The family’s obligation to report a change in provider at least 15 calendar days before the change occurs, unless the case involves alleged child abuse by a provider or a complaint that the health and safety of a child in care is in imminent danger.
· The importance of prompt reporting of a move to another county.
· The overpayment implications if required reporting does not occur timely.
· The family’s responsibility for paying provider charges in excess of the county’s
· When child care assistance is terminated, the family will be informed of the reason for the termination and the family’s appeal rights. The provider will be informed that child care payments will no longer be made unless the family asks to continue to receive assistance pending an appeal
Minnesota Statutes 256P.07
Minnesota Rules 3400.0035, Subp 5