Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Resources
Minnesota focuses on enhancing customer service in the SNAP program by removing barriers to program access, improving application timeliness, ensuring issued benefits are accurate, and ensuring proper denial or closure of cases. On this site, you will find links to information and resources to help manage your Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and process and maintain SNAP cases.
Use the right scroll bar to move up and down the page.
• Policy includes links for bulletins, claims, DHS policy, Examples and Q&A, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, IEVS & PARIS, and issuance
• Reports includes links to MN SNAP Quality Control Payment Accuracy reports, MN Quality Control error data summaries, MN Quality Control error distribution maps, FNS reports, and characteristics of MN SNAP program: cases and people
Information and Tools:
• Initial Screening Tip (pdf) – a good business practice from Martin County
• Appointment Letter – Letter developed by Sherburne County• Applications, Recertifications and NOMI (pdf)
• Intake Scheduling Letter – Letter developed by Sherburne County
Application Processing Project
Lost or stolen EBT card:
• SNAP-ME Customer Surveys (English) pdf
• SNAP-ME Customer Survey (Spanish) pdf
County Success Stories
Denials and terminations:
Management Evaluation Review:
SNAP-ME Review Forms and Guides
• SNAP Resources (pdf) – list of SNAP resources that can be found using CountyLink and SIR
• ABAWD Resources (pdf) – list of all ABAWD resources and guidance available
• Closings and Denials (pdf) – tip sheet for workers when processing closings and denials
• CM and TEMP references for Application Processing (pdf) – helpful policy and system info for processing applications
• Helpful Scripts for PARS, CAPERS, and ABAWDs (pdf) – common errors and scripts that can help you avoid them• Measures for SNAP High Performance Bonuses FY2015 - Measures for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program on which monetary bonuses are awarded.
MAFAS and Mentor Presentations 2017
• Wages & Salaries (pdf) – presented by Laura Ellis on 1/19/17 and 1/25/17
• Household Composition (pdf) – presented by Betsy Strand on 2/22/17 and 2/23/17
• Shelter (pdf) – presented by Chakira Byrd on 3/23/17
• Utilities (pdf) – presented by Ruth Maloney on 4/26/17 and 4/27/17
• RSDI and SSI Income (pdf) – presented by Laura Ellis on 5/24/17 and 5/25/17, this also includes information on using SOLQ-I as identity verification for SNAP
Participation and outreach:
• What Is Six-Month Reporting (pdf) - handout with current gross income limits.
• Keys to Payment Accuracy (pdf) from FNS