PCA services are available to recipients of Medical Assistance through fee-for-service or managed-care plans.
Eligible recipients must meet the following criteria:
• Able to identify their needs or have a responsible party act on their behalf
• Be assessed as eligible for PCA: one dependency in an activity of daily living and/or Level I behavior
• Be assessed as needing PCA services to live in the community
• Manage their support staff and the delivery of their services to ensure their health and safety or have a responsible party who is able to do so
• Develop a service plan with assistance from the lead agency assessor.
• Have a current and approved service agreement for PCA services
• Live in a home setting. The setting may NOT be a hospital, nursing facility, intermediate care facility, health facility licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health or foster care setting licensed for more than four residents.