When a family contacts you in person, by phone or in writing requesting information about child care assistance:
In addition, inform the family of the following:
· Eligibility requirements. See Chapter 4 (Eligibility Requirements).
· Verifications required for eligibility. See Chapter 7.3 (Verification – Initial Application).
· If a waiting list exists and it appears the family would be eligible for the Basic Sliding Fee (BSF) subprogram, inform the family of the number of families on the waiting list or estimated time they may spend on the waiting list before reaching the top of the list. See Chapter 4.3.12 (Basic Sliding Fee (BSF)).
· How to apply for child care assistance. See Chapter 3 (Applications).
· The family copayment fee schedule and how the fee is determined. See Chapter 6.21 (Family Copayment).
· How to choose a provider. See Chapter 11 (Providers).
· Their responsibilities and rights when choosing a provider. See Chapter 11 (Providers).
· The availability of special needs rates. See Chapter 9.15.15 (Special Needs).
· Their responsibility for paying provider charges that exceed county maximum rates in addition to the copayment fee. See Chapter 9.24 (Provider Rates).
· The importance of promptly reporting a move to another county to avoid overpayments and increase the likelihood of continuing benefits. See Chapter 8.3 (Reporting Requirements) and Chapter 8.12 (Moving Between Counties).
When giving or mailing an application to a family, include the following in the application packet:
· An application for child care assistance, either:
- The Combined Application – Child Care Addendum DHS-5223D (form will be available soon), if the family is also applying for or cash and/or SNAP or if a Combined Application Form DHS-5223 was completed and approved within the past 90 days. See Chapter 3.9 (Combined Application Child Care Addendum).
Minnesota Statutes 119B.011, Subd. 3
Report/Rate this page
Minnesota Rules 3400.0035
Minnesota Rules 3400.0060