Skip To: Main content|Subnavigation|
Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) Policy Manual
DHS Home CountyLink Home Manuals Home Bulletins
Advanced Search
Show/Hide Table of Contents  

14.9.15 Civil Recovery - Providers

ISSUE DATE: 04/2007

For information related to family overpayment recovery, see Chapter 14.9.12 (Civil Recovery – Families).

Use voluntary repayment or go through civil court to recover the overpayment if the provider no longer cares for children receiving child care assistance.

You may, but are not required to, recover the overpayment if the overpayment is less than $50.

Seek voluntary repayment from the provider if the overpayment is $50 or more. Initiate civil court proceedings to recover the overpayment, if the provider does not cooperate with voluntary repayment, unless the costs of recovery exceed the amount of the overpayment.

Keep a record of the overpayment in case the provider begins to care for a child receiving assistance in the future, if you do not recover the overpayment.

A provider who has an overpayment is not eligible to care for children receiving child care assistance until the overpayment is paid in full or the provider is in compliance with a payment plan to repay the debt.

Your agency is entitled to keep 25% of recovered overpayments.


Minnesota Statutes 119B.011, Subd. 21
Minnesota Statutes 119B.11, Subd. 2A
Minnesota Rules 3400.0140, Subp.19
Minnesota Rules 3400.0187

Rate/Report this pageReport/Rate this page

© 2018 Minnesota Department of Human Services Updated: 6/26/14 9:32 AM | Accessibility | Terms/Policy | Contact DHS | Top of Page | Updated: 6/26/14 9:32 AM