Child Support cooperation is required at redetermination. A family is not cooperating at redetermination if:
· The local Child Support agency has notified the CCAP worker that the client has failed to cooperate
· During the 12 month eligibility period, a child with an absent parent is added to the CCAP family or a parent is removed from the CCAP family and the family has not submitted the child support forms.
For a family who is not cooperating with Child Support during the 12 month eligibility period, it is recommended the worker begin determining if the family is cooperating with Child Support 45 days prior to when the family’s redetermination is due. This will allow the family time to cooperate prior to their case closing.
45 days prior to the redetermination due date, follow these steps:
1. Check MAXIS to see if all children on the CCAP case are on an open MFIP/DWP case or health care case through MAXIS. If they are, child support forms are not required.
2. Check PRISM or with the child support enforcement worker to see if the family is already cooperating with Child Support enforcement for all children. If they are, child support forms are not required.
3. If the family is not cooperating with Child Support:
a. If the local Child Support agency determined the family is not cooperating, notify the family that they must cooperate by redetermination or their CCAP case will close.
b. If the family had a change in family composition that required cooperation, send Child Support forms to the family and notify the family that they must be returned by the redetermination due date or their CCAP case will close.
If a CCAP case is closed due to noncooperation with Child Support at redetermination, the family must cooperate before CCAP is reopened. Because updates are interfaced from PRISM to MEC2 only for children who have open Service Authorizations, the CCAP worker will need to contact Child Support to determine that the family is cooperating before changing the “Cooperation Status” in MEC2 to “Yes.”
Minnesota Statutes 119B.09, subd. 1
Report/Rate this page
Minnesota Statutes 256.741